Re: batch import and export (CSV)

People,

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:19 -0400, The Anarcat wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:26:14AM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> > I think that this is an area where having some people such as
> > yourselves who can clearly dictate what you are need and are trying to
> > do would be quite helpful.
>
> Can't resist such a call! ;)
>
> What I need right now is something that can take a CSV (or whatever) and
> import it as a GL transaction. Just a trivial CSV like this:
>
> Account,Credit,Debit,Memo
> 1060,0,60,Deposit petty cash
> 1100,60,60,
>
> I guess having an off-band way to set the transaction-wide fields would
> be appropriate too.
>
> CSV are a little bit limit in their structure to input complete
> transactions in LS, which makes this a bit limited too, but you get the
> idea...

I have made a little progress using fireWatir to automate input but have
not had time to get back and sort out the remaining problems.

http://swik.net/fireWatir

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599