How these tags are working: <?lsmb DATE ?>

Hi,

I try to add these special tags to the Number field, but I failed.

I added a new part and I give this to the number field:
<?lsmb DATE?>0001
<?lsmb PARTSGROUP?>0002
<?lsmb DESCRIPTION?>0003
etc.

I looked into the sourcecode, I found that, there is a section, where
these phrases are evaluated.
But in some reasons, after I save them, I do not see any date or other
fields.
Even, I make a quotation and print it, I only got these codes, not the
values.

Could somebody explain how to use this function?
What I have to expect?

Regards,
IstvÃn

--