Re: Ideal menu structure, was: Menu structure reorganized

Chris Travers wrote:
Please try it here and give us your opinion.

You can login here:
<http://pongraczistvan.homelinux.com/ledgersmb/login.pl>

Username:  test
Password: test

Looking at this, I like what I see.  But the question I have for all users:

What do people see as the ideal menu structure?  How would people like
to see the menu organized?  Is Istvan's idea optimal?  Are there
better ideas?

Personally, I'm a fan of drop down menus organized along the top that's always available. The reason being that menus on the side in an app like LSMB where there's lots of nested goodness, too much real estate is taken up vertically for companies that have older folks who prefer not to set their monitor at higher resolutions. They want to see larger print text. The end result is that they scroll from side to side and they quickly get annoyed and say, "LSMB doesn't work!"

If the menus must be on the left side, then provide a way to easily collapse them, gaining back that real estate temporarily and then expand them when it's necessary to engage another element.

Charley