Re: Windows XP Installation Blues - 2nd Try

>>I have run into this problem before.  Iirc, the error message is misleading
>>and the actual problem is an inability to load libpq.dll from the
PostgreSQL
>>installation.  You have two options that I can think of:
>>1)  Copy libpq.dll into C:\Windows\System32
>>or
>>2)  Adjust the PATH environment variable to point ot where libpq.dll is
>>installed (probably C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\lib\)

Interesting.  I tried both, with no avail to "perl admin.pl"  (Using a fresh
cmd shell)
But, now, when I delete all the .0s and remake dbd-pg-149, the dbtest passes
for dbd-pg-149
I also verified that all the PG.dll's on my system have the same date/time
stamp, both in the arch folder of the temporary (test passed) and the perl
auto location

However, "perl admin" still fails at line 230 of dynaloader.pm

In dynaloader.pm there is a comment immediately prior to this load.
# Many dynamic extension loading problems will appera to come from
# this section of code: XYZ failed at line abc of DynaLoader.pm
# often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
# C code of the extension XS file.  Perl reports the error as being
# in this perl code simply becaue this was the last perl code it executed.

This is consisten with your statement that it is a misleading error, but it
brings me back to the "malformed" path name using \ instead of /'s.   Is
this supposed to be resolved by the loader...?

Which would be odd, since it would imply that no-one running windows and
this version of dbd::Pg
can connect to the database

- Ken