Windows XP Installation Blues - 2nd Try

Hi

I've read through the archives and could not find many good stories on
windows xp installs.
I have had a recent steep learning curve, and have muddled through it.
I now find myself stuck in about 3 feet of mud and need an escape
before I give up and go buy a mac :)

So, here is what I've done so far.
1.  Learned about gzip, untar
2.  Installed and started apache 2.2.6
3   Installed and started postgres sql 8.2.5
4.  Installed and built dmake
5.  Installed active perl
6.  Uninstalled active perl :)
7.  Installed perl 5.8.8 (vanilla-perl)
8.  Downloaded what appears to be 1.2.99 from the ledger-smb.org site
9.  Found the README file
10.Learned about "perl build.pl"
11.Discovered CPAN  (many times)
12. Built every dependency EXCEPT for DBD::Pg
13. Slept 6 hrs, started again...
This is where I am stuck.
I have tried CPAN DBD::Pg (Forgot what went wrong after 2 hrs of research)
I have tried downloading the PG-1.49 source for windows (2x)
[both appear to make and compile fine, but fail the signature test and
the Use DBG::Pg tests]
There is a strange error.  I say strange because the system fails to
load pg.dll even though pg.dll is in the specified location
Can't load 'C:\dbd\DBD-Pg-1.49\blib\arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll' for
module DBD::Pg: load_file:The specified module could not be found at
C:/vanilla-perl/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

See attachment DBFTestfail.png
What's strange is that pg.dll IS in that location AND  notice the /
after "arch" that should be a \

I even modified the makefile.pl where this is specified, after which
make failed miserably....

So, I installed the component anyway, successfully, and then guess
what perl admin.pl turned up:
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load 'C:/vanilla-perl/perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Pg
/Pg.dll' for module DBD::Pg: load_file:The specified module could not be found a
t C:/vanilla-perl/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

Same error message, but correct slashes and the file is really there as well...
See Attachment AdminFail.png

Final questions:  Is there a windows template of ledgersmb.conf, I had
to guess on a lot of settings
Most of all, what is the database name?  Is it host, localhost or the
database instance in pg_adminIII?

DBI_DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=postgres
DBI_PASS=postgres
DBI_USER=postgres

Thanks, I hope there is a guru out there to get me past this roadblock ....

- Ken G