Possible bug in IS.pm

The recent fix for IS.pm seems to have tanked the ability to submit a credit against a previous invoice.

Let's say an invoice was submitted and paid for 2 months ago. Customer returns the product and wants a credit. When I go in and try to submit a new invoice reversing the specific line items on the invoice, I get an error:

Error: menu.pl:88: Error: menu.pl:88: Error: Too many reversed items on an invoice

I know for a fact that there are NOT too many reversed items on the invoice.

Am I missing something important?

Charley