Re: How to properly backup and restore LedgerSMB info?

On 10/1/07, luxe <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello:

Could somebody point me to good explanation how to backup and restore
the LSMB.  I know there is an option in the menu for backup but I
recall seeing in posts on this mailing list, I believe, references to
"database dump" or something like this.

pg_dump is a good tool for this.  By default it generates a text file.  You can restore it with psql.

Our backup just automates the use of pg_dump to create a compressed, binary backup.  It must be restored using pg_restore.