Re: How to manage packaging

Sql-ledger, from which Ledger-SMB was cloned, was designed to support manufacturing rather than the opposite, ie product breakdown. So it focussed on buying in parts eg cable by the metre plus packing in your case, and assembling them into a packaged unit for sale.

On 9/26/07, Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..> wrote:

2007. 09. 25, kedd keltezéssel 09.37-kor luxe ezt írta:

> > Probably the question should be, how can I join two products in
> > ledgersmb?

You join parts into an assembly.

> > One product is the drum, the other is the cable on it.

One part is 1 metre of  cable, one is the drum. The assembly is 100 of cable plus 1 drum.