Successful upgrade; now I have a few questions.

After a bit of mucking around (and manually deleting over 2500 invoices,
see below) I managed to successfully upgrade from LSMB 1.1.0 to LSMB
1.2.7 and it looks good, but now I have some questions.

1. Backup to file seem to work, at least it seems to produce a file that
looks to be in a compressed format, but how do you restore them? All my
efforts with pg_restore just get a "[archiver] out of memory" error. I
can find nothing in the manual about backups and restoration, which
seems to be a rather important administration task. Googling produced no
relevant leads and I can't find anything on the wiki about
backups/restore.
For now I sticking with my tried and tested method of doing backups
using
..hidden..:/home/user$ pg_dump -C -f dbname-1.2.0-12082007.sql
bittltd
..hidden..:/home/user$ pg_dump -C -f ledgersmb-1.2.0-12082007.sql
ledgersmb
I'm comfortable with restoring from these.

2. I take it the system is not too tolerant to changing date or number
formats. When I tried this I got errors about the datefield being out of
range and a hint to change the 'datestyle'. Nothing fixed the problem
which progressively affected more screens and I had to recreate the DB
from a backup (plaintext backup not the compressed 1.2.7 version).

3. I have one AP transaction (paid) where I posted my payment from the
wrong account. Every attempt to try and delete this transaction or
change the account from which the payment is made results in the
following error.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near ","
LINE 6: VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
^
Error!
menu.pl:88: Can't call method "execute" on an undefined value at
LedgerSMB/IR.pm line 855.
The problem is I don't know which value it refers to. I think it's
complaining about this piece of code from IR.pm
INSERT INTO acc_trans
(trans_id, chart_id,
amount, transdate,
project_id)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)|;
but I don't understand the system well enough to know whether this is a
problem or not.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

4. One thing that might be worth adding to the INSTALL instructions is a
little reminder about things not working with the apache2-mpm-worker
package. Ubuntu Feisty seems to install this by default (I don't know if
Debian does as well), but I can only get things going with
apache2-mpm-prefork. I actually built a testbed machine to test this
upgrade and was reminded of this problem. There is something about this
in another email from some months ago, but it can be a bit of a show
stopped and there is no obvious cause or warnings about it.

5. Are there plans to have a restore option in the menu?

6. Where has the lock system button gone in admin? Is this not needed
any more?

7. One more minor question. Why do the backup file get a *.sqlc
extension? pgAdmin understands restoring from files of type .backup. Any
reason to use .sqlc?

Other than a few minor points I'm glade I made the upgrade and really
appreciate all the work the developers have put into this. Thanks in
advance for your advice.
Best Regards,
Peter

Message: 2