Extending financial year

Dear list

Here in the UK, when a new company is formed, the end of year date is
automatically set to the last day of the month in which the company was
created. We have the option to make a one-off change to this date so
that it falls inline with another tax deadline or the calendar year.
This change is made by either reducing or extending the length of the
first financial year accordingly.

I have extended the period of my company's first financial year to 17
months. My question is, how do I account for this in LedgerSMB? Is
there anything that I need to consider?

Many thanks
Greg Bolshaw