Re: Making payments against an invoice

On 31 Jul 2007, at 17:44, Chris Travers wrote:
On 7/31/07, Iain Mac Donald <..hidden..> wrote:

Producing Sales Receipts seems to create a balancing "invoice" with the amount in the Paid column. These then have to be reconciled against the
existing invoices (and I haven't considered what happens to invoices
spanning financial years). I realise rules are rules but his seems like
a lot more work to me.

It sounds to me as if you are not associating the payment against the invoice.

In the Cash menu, select "Receipt"
Select the customer
update
select the invoice
enter amount if different than shown
update.
post

Sounds like that to me, too. This interface requires more ticking & manual correlation of amounts & invoices than I find intuitive and I made the same mistake when I first started using it. I'm sure you're already planning to improve it in your Copious Free Time (tm).

Stroller.