Re: bank accounts with different currencies

Hi Alaa.

The best place to start is to help us define how this needs to work in
all cases.  If you have programming skills, that would be helpful as
well, but the single most important thing to do is to get a good
feature request onto Sourceforge.

I know we have a lot of old feature requests there, but we may be able
to get this sort of change looked at somewhere between 1.4 an 2.0
(inclusive, most likely in the 1.4-1.5 range).

On 6/13/07, Alaa Abd El Fattah <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:35:28 +0300
Alaa Abd El Fattah <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to have bank accounts with different
> currencies, and how to record currency exchanges.
>
> for instance say I have a bank account in Euro, and I need to withdraw
> some money from it, convert it to Egyptian Pounds then put it into a
> petty cash account?
>
> or how do I move money from a bank account in Euro to a bank account
> in US Dollars?

so i gather from lack of replies and discussions on IRC that this is
not actually possible with Ledger-SMB, latest SQL-Ledger can use
foreign currencies on GL transactions but doesn't seem to support
accounts in different currencies.

having bank accounts in different currencies seems to be a common
practice here in Egypt, and I'm sure in other countries where the local
currency is quite weak. now is there anything I can do to help

--
Alaa: Husband of the Grand Waragi Master

http://www.manalaa.net