Re: A few small questions from a new user

On 6/13/07, MJ Ray <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone point me at the docs for/tell me the Right Way to:
 - save journal lines and account summaries to CSV?

Not at the moment, but you could set up a view and then export via
Excel (or a COPY job).

 - issue a multi-currency invoice?
Please define.  You mean invoices in different currencies?  Or one
invoice in multiple currencies?

You can invoice in arbitrary currencies, but only one currency per invoice.

 - edit an invoice after it's posted?

Unfortunately, yes.  As of 1.3, I expect that all edits will be
through a void/reverse and post-as-new process (and this will be easy
to do through the front-end).

 - run a period end routine? (The manual has Year-end limitations in
section 4.7.4, but a search for Year-end didn't find it elsewhere.)

You mean a custom year-end routine?  No.  We have a year-end routine
that needs some additional work.  I would expect that to happen
somewhere between 1.4 and 2.0 inclusive.

Note that with the new architecture, it will be a *lot* easier to do scripting.

Sorry if they're dumb questions.  I used SQL-Ledger some time ago,
but I'm pretty sure I struggled with these there too.

Most of these issues are ones we are working on.  We haven't gotten
far enough away yet.

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers

Thanks in advance for any help,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.