Re: bank accounts with different currencies

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:35:28 +0300
Alaa Abd El Fattah <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to have bank accounts with different
> currencies, and how to record currency exchanges.
>
> for instance say I have a bank account in Euro, and I need to withdraw
> some money from it, convert it to Egyptian Pounds then put it into a
> petty cash account?
>
> or how do I move money from a bank account in Euro to a bank account
> in US Dollars?

so i gather from lack of replies and discussions on IRC that this is
not actually possible with Ledger-SMB, latest SQL-Ledger can use
foreign currencies on GL transactions but doesn't seem to support
accounts in different currencies.

having bank accounts in different currencies seems to be a common
practice here in Egypt, and I'm sure in other countries where the local
currency is quite weak. now is there anything I can do to help

--
Alaa: Husband of the Grand Waragi Master

http://www.manalaa.net