Re: New Install - Getting kicked out of Admin Screen

A bit of googling found this:

http://narayanraman.blogspot.com/2006/12/button-tag-problems-and-ie-6.html

"Discovered that IE and Firefox handle the <button> tag differently.

If you have a tag like

< button type="submit" name="b" value="abc">
Button Text< /button>

When the form is submitted, the value of the parameter "b" is "abc" in firefox (the value attribute) while for IE, it is "Button Text" (the innerText)"

I don't know enough of perl nor of LedgerSMB to verify that this is the problem, but it sure seems to be.

Joe

P.S - it is not a problem with cookies not being enabled. I tested for this.

Chris Travers wrote:
Normally, if a cookie expires, you get a Session Expired message and a request for a password.

The fact that he is getting kicked back and that this seems to be happening to multiple IE 6 users suggests that something isnt being sent to the web server as expected. Does IE6 handle <button> elements properly?

I good test would be whether this fails in 1.2 in IE6 but not 1.1 an IE6.