Re: SL -> LS pain

Gavin Carr wrote, On 05/10/2007 04:03 AM:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:47:52AM +1000, Ashley J Gittins wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Phil Rhoades wrote:
but I can't find a perl-Config-Std rpm anywhere (I installed
perl-Config* but that didn't help) . .
Hi Phil,
I had the same problem on FC6. After some googling I found this package via pbone:
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/reb00t.com/fedora/6/perl/perl-Config-Std-0.0.4-1.n0i.2.v0.0.4.noarch.rpm

It seemed to do the job. IIRC I think it required the perl-version package as well, but that one is in extras or core so no problem there.

I agree with you though, it is painful to deal with perl packages on fedora/redhat if you are trying to do things "the distro way" by sticking to rpms. If anyone has tips on how to manage this (just installing via cpan isn't really "managing" it) I'd love to hear them - hopefully there is some trick to using cpan to magically create rpm's or something :-)

FYI:
In the LedgerSMB rpm all the missing modules are simply extracted and placed in the top-level LedgerSMB directory. AFAIK it works.

The alternative is to install numerous custom-made system-wide packages. Even though it is rpms I don't think it is "the distro way"-ish.

/Mads