user experience, the second run

Hi,

some time passed by, debian etch has been released recently... so I upgraded my server and decided to give the upgrade to ledgersmb 1.2.4 another chance.

I've read the README and INSTALL (or was it UPGRADE?) files (one of which still had an svn conflict in it, BTW - and no, I downloaded the tarball) and did what I was told to do. Due to the upgrade to etch, I've had no problems to satisfy the perl dependencies this time.

I greatly appreciate the move of the users information into the database. Although in my case, the import script choked with the following errors:

Parsing members file completed. Now trying to import user data.

DBI connect('dbname=ledger-bluegap;host=;port=','ledger',...) failed: could not translate host name "port=" to address: Name or service not known
 at ./import_members.pl line 233
Can't call method "error" on unblessed reference at ./import_members.pl line 233.

( What was an unblessed reference again? Geez, my perl is getting rusty...)
Of course, my database is simply on 'localhost', and I'm normally connecting via unix sockets, not TCP to localhost.

Anyway, as I'm running a single user installation, I simply continued with the bravery of a user who knows partly what he's doing - and it turned out that I didn't even have to recreate the user, only some settings were lost, AFAICR.

As I'm slightly impatient with computers in general, but especially with web applications, I'm often getting the following error from my newish ledgersmb 1.2.4:

Error!

menu.pl:88: dbd_st_destroy called twice! at menu.pl line 195.
Error!

menu.pl:88: dbd_st_destroy called twice! during global destruction.

Session expired...

As far as I can tell, this only happens when the server is trying to load a page for me while I'm already requesting the next one (mostly because I've clicked the wrong link in the first place). Anyway, a simple re-login is slightly annoying, but does the job.

What bugs me a little more is the following database error I get when adding or updating an invoice:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: relation "vc" does not exist
Error!

SELECT a.id, a.invnumber, a.ordnumber, a.transdate,
a.duedate, a.netamount, a.amount, (a.paid) AS paid,
a.invoice, a.datepaid, a.terms, a.notes,
a.shipvia, a.shippingpoint, e.name AS employee,
vc.name,
a._id, a.till, m.name AS manager, a.curr,
ex.buy AS exchangerate,
d.description AS department,
a.ponumber
FROM ar a
JOIN vc ON (a._id = vc.id)
LEFT JOIN employee e ON (a.employee_id = e.id)
LEFT JOIN employee m ON (e.managerid = m.id)
LEFT JOIN exchangerate ex ON (ex.curr = a.curr
AND ex.transdate = a.transdate)
LEFT JOIN department d ON (a.department_id = d.id)
WHERE 1 = 1
ORDER BY 4 ASC,2,16
ERROR: relation "vc" does not exist

What is relation "vc"? (And what's the strange WHERE 1 = 1 clause supposed to do there?)

Anyway, thanks a lot. LedgerSMB is a great peace of software. Just today, after the upgrade, I've managed to complete my tax form for 2006, all with the help of ledgersmb.

Keep up the good work!

Markus