Re: Postgresql / ident?

Just to explain:

identd sameuser authentication tells PostgreSQL to let the matching
request authenticate only with the same username as they are currently
logged into the system with.  This is not save over a network.

If you want to do as you say, make sure your entry is at the *top* of
the file.  However we do not recomment using "trust" authentication
for anything other than recovery and/or testing purposes.  The safety
of your data is important.  It is better to require a password and use
md5 authentication instead.