[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: interested in consulting for food co-op?
- Subject: Re: interested in consulting for food co-op?
- From: Ed W <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:31:52 +0100
(1) External access to accounting data - the will need serious
controls, maybe even on a subnet.
Password protect the document, or leave the data-access link without a
wired in password (type it in each time)
(2) Use of a potentially uncontrolled tool - you'll need to make sure
your spreadsheet is reviewed/audited if you want the data assured and
your business depends on it
Fair enough. Just meant it was a starting point.
(3) risk of write-back - I would make very sure you're in read-only mode.
Normally these links are one way, at least in Excel you need to go to
some effort to make it two way - it's one way by default. Also set the
permissions on the database user to read only to be sure.