Re: interested in consulting for food co-op?

> Much of this is standard LedgerSMB. The one feature which might be
> some work is the tracking of member hours in conjunction with working
> status. In our co-op members who work 2 hours a month are considered
> working members and don't pay a surcharge. Members can bank these
> hours and deplete them if they don't work for some months. It's not a
> complicated database but it just needs to work well with LedgerSMB.

Worst case you should be able to simulate this with some external SQL
reports which just aggregate up the data.

In a previous life I used to produce loads of "live" excel worksheets
which drag in the data from a database onto a sheet, then hit it with a
pivot table and the results usually drop out neatly and are very easy to
datamine.  Just open them up and hit F9 and you are right up to date
with the latest figures.

If you need something more advanced from there then see what the basic
reports do for you and work it back from that....

Ed W

It's not just a matter of creating reports, it's also of where they
are stored and how it will trigger a status change for members within
LS. So, if users fall behind in hours then they are switched to
non-working members, and switched back on manually. I guess this can
also be done as a separate web app that queries the same database. I
don't know what that means for data integrity but I'll leave that to
the consultants.

I just wonder how much work it would be and whether it can be built as
a module to piggyback on the customer stuff in LS.

Herb