Re: SL -> LS pain

I think for 1.3, maybe taking the dependencies out of the RPM and
offering a tgz of dependencies might be a good thing.

On 4/22/07, Phil Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
Ashley,

See inline comments:

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 02:47 +1000, Ashley J Gittins wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Phil Rhoades wrote:
> > but I can't find a perl-Config-Std rpm anywhere (I installed
> > perl-Config* but that didn't help) . .
>
> Hi Phil,
>       I had the same problem on FC6. After some googling I found this package via
> pbone:
> ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/reb00t.com/fedora/6/perl/perl-Config-Std-0.0.4-1.n0i.2.v0.0.4.noarch.rpm
>
> It seemed to do the job. IIRC I think it required the perl-version package as
> well, but that one is in extras or core so no problem there.

Thanks for that!

Did you actually get all the way through and successfully start
operating LS? - now I am getting failures with Build - SL2LS.pl creates
ledger-smb.conf but it appears it should be ledgersmb.conf . I have
tried copying it from ledgersmb.conf.default as well but then I get a
different set of results &  failures . .

> I agree with you though, it is painful to deal with perl packages on
> fedora/redhat if you are trying to do things "the distro way" by sticking to
> rpms. If anyone has tips on how to manage this (just installing via cpan
> isn't really "managing" it) I'd love to hear them - hopefully there is some
> trick to using cpan to magically create rpm's or something :-)

Have to be lucky I think!

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599