problems after migration

I have just migrated a copy of one company dataset to Ledgersmb 1.2.3 from sql-ledger. It took a bit of doing but I now have everything looking good in my existing data, including latex templates. So I tried to create a new sales invoice and hit a snag right away. I selected the parts/services group I wanted from the dropdown box in the first line of the invoice, and clicked update. This is supposed to give a screen with a list of products/services in that group to pick from, but it did nothing. Just refreshed the main invoice screen. Any ideas of what I'm missing?

--
Steve Jacobs