Re: Chinese Fonts

Yes, it can be done, but you must have proper fonts and packages
installed.  You might find the following helpful:

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/cs/cjk.html

On 4/21/07, Stroller <..hidden..> wrote:

On 22 Apr 2007, at 03:40, Raymond Cheng wrote:

> I just setup ledgersmb and run some testing. All look good except
> it won't printout Chinese fonts properly. Fonts display ok with
> html on screen. However, Fonts are corrupted if I printout to a
> printer using either postscript or pdf.

Can you print Chinese fonts in a regular LaTeX document?

For example, edit the attached test.tex as appropriate, so it appears
in your text editor with the appropriate Chinese characters & fonts
that you'd wish.
Then run `latex test.tex && dvipdf test.dvi`

Does the resultant pdf display correctly?
If not, you want comp.text.tex
It's that way ---->
;)
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/>

It looks like you might need to install a UTF8-capable version of
LaTeX using your distro's package manager.

Stroller.