Re: Default dates on transaction entry screens

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 18:31 +0200, Peter Houppermans wrote:
> I like the session date idea, as long as there is some log that a user
> entered the system with an altered date so it couldn't be used
> "creatively" without leaving a trail somewhere.  Don't know what abuse
> it could support, but my experience says there's always someone who will
> find a use..  So, on logon or on change from 'today' a quick log of the
> request would be good.
Just in case you are saying what I think you are saying...
I am NOT saying that the computer system date should be changed
arbitrarily so LSMB can have screens populated with that date. That
would be a very bad idea, especially because other apps on the machine
would be thrown out. Please tell me that you are NOT suggesting this.

I am only suggesting that an application-session level global
variable(s) hold a date, if the user preference is set. It is set on
each save of certain new transaction records, and used to populate the
screen of any subsequent new transaction record.

I hope I have described the issue clearly in the Feature Request at
sourceforge: [ 1700856 ] User-preference for default date value in data
entry screens
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1700856&group_id=175965&atid=875353