Re: wrong total

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 12:29 -0500, Dustin Tenney wrote:
> A couple other things I would like to see in smb.  The ability to
> specify a database schema rather than the default public.  Also the
> way taxes are applied I could see causing trouble for me.  Right now
> it seems the tax is tied to a customer and product.  What if today the
> customer it taxable because of his location.  The customer ends up
> moving before his next order.  Now he is no longer taxable.  Making
> this change to his profile seems to mess up previous invoices.  It
> sure would be nice to have the invoice itself taxable and not the
> customer.
How often do customers change location such that their tax rates change?
Very little I guess. Here in Australia, the tax is a flat 10%
nationally, so unless they go overseas the answer is never. Your best
solution for those few customers might be to simply set up a new
customer at the new location. It sounds like right now the LSMB
developers are busy getting bugs out of core functionality like getting
invoices to balance properly, etc.