Re: Great work... and a question

Thanks Chris.

Quoting Chris Travers <..hidden..>:

Don't worry about the interface.  We are working on getting it to the
point where the interface can be redesigned properly.

Heh, no problem. It's not THAT bad, just a bit clunky in places. It's certainly usable. Anyway, I will choose function over form any day.

We are working on credit notes.  Expect them in 1.3.0

In the mean time, you may be able to handle it as a prepayment,
depending on your needs (against a different account, naturally).

When do you expect 1.3.0 to be unleashed on the world? I think that the only thing I really need to see is the receiving and issuing of credit notes. Our FY ends 31st August, so it would be nice to start the new FY with a new system if I can.

I'm not a perl programmer (if I had my way, everything would be written in FORTRAN) but I'll be happy to help in any way I can, with testing and the like. What the open source world needs is a good financials package. My particular skills are project management, compilers and Oracle, if you can make use of any of them. I also make tea.

Cheers,
Richard