Re: Upgrade Error

Primary keys are absolutely necessary if you plan to use Slony.  If
not, you don't have to.  The table is small enough that an index
probably does very little.

On 4/12/07, Angus Jordan <..hidden..> wrote:
On 4/12/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hmmm.....  I can see areas where this could be problematic.  It might
> be a good idea to think about how this works.  Maybe we should
> generalize the primary key to include the valid_to field as well.....
>
> In the mean time, delete the primary key definition from your update
> script and reapply.  These should be transactional.
>
> Then create a primary key on the table for both the chart_id and
> valid_to fields:
>
> alter table tax add primary key (chart_id, valid_to);
>
> Best WIshes,
> Chris Travers

Ok, that was quick.  This didn't work quite as hoped:

 ERROR:  column "validto" contains null values

 Anything you can think of to get around this?  Can I just -- this index out
altogether for now?  This is only a test database...

 Angus