Re: Transition from sql-l to lsmb

On 2/13/07, Leah Kubik <..hidden..> wrote:
On Monday 12 February 2007 07:03, Rich Walker wrote:
> I want to transition from one to the other. To do that, I want to

<snip>

> Note that I'm not installing the new ledger software *over* the old
> ledger software - I'm installing it in parallel. This may make a
> difference to the migration strategy...

Yup, that would make a difference.  As you work through this, if you want to
create a document about the steps you follow on the wiki, I'm sure it would
be useful to others.

> > when I tested and there were not any DOS line-endings.  Also, what
> > version of LedgerSMB were you working with?
>
> 1.2.0b5

Hmmn.  The version I ran with for the docs was 1.1.7 .  I tend to stick w/the
stable versions for now.  Made a not of that in the docs.

1.2.0b5 requires a couple of extra steps including setting changing
the admin password.  Use psql to set the admin password to something:
You can do something like:

update users_conf set password=md5('super-secret-password') where id =
(select id from users where username = 'admin');

You will also want to regenerate your templates.  Honestly, 1.2 is
probably easier to do as a fresh install at the moment than an
upgrade.