Re: Cross currency invoices

"Chris Travers" <..hidden..> writes:

> Hi Rich;
>
> Can you provide an exact description of your problem and why the
> 1-rate-per-day doesn't work for you?

We get a few transactions from overseas customers. Sometimes, the
exchange rate is entered incorrectly when the invoice or payment is
entered. If you try and change the exchange rate on the invoice, it
sticks stubbornly to the old  exchange rate. Deleting all
transactions using that exchange rate on that day apparently frees it up
so you can then re-enter them.

There is also another possible issue, that we haven't *yet* run into:
PayPal uses a different exchange rate to our bank, so if on one day we
got a dollar payment through both sources, we'd need to be able to
attach different exchange rates to each payment.

> I ask because it is important that we understand everyone's needs
> before we try to make the change.

I quite understand.