Re: Ledger Walkthrough

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. As Richard Ellis suggested my explanation of my
problem is not too clear. I'm sure that the implementation of the part
number/description number logic works, it's just that I don't think I'm
using it correctly.

This is what I'm doing:

I need to generate an Invoice so I go to 'AR' and select 'Sales Invoice'.

Under 'Number' I put '01' (service '01' is 'General Drawing Work')
Under 'Description' I put 'Preliminary Drawings for proposed Fly Ash Plant'
As it is a lump sum I leave 'Qty' and 'Unit' blank and put '8,000' under
'Price'

I then click 'Update' or 'Post' (what is the difference?) and I am told
'Item not on file!' and am asked to pick 'Part' or 'Service'. I say
'Service' and am taken to the 'Add Service' Screen with 'Service Number'
filled in as '01' and 'Description' = 'Preliminary Drawings for proposed
Fly Ash Plant'. I already have a Service Item '01' which is 'General
Drawing Work'. I have no option but to save this which gives me two
Services under 'Number' '01'. If that's the way it works, that's okay, I
guess I can live with that, but I suspect I'm doing something wrong.

But I still need my invoice so I go back to 'AR' -> 'Reports' ->
'Outstanding' and I see my invoice there. I click it and I get a screen
called 'Edit AR Transaction' but nothing that I could send to the client.
Te same occurs if I select 'AR' -> 'Reports' -> 'Transactions' (what is the
difference?)

I'm pretty sure that all the Accountants on the list are ROFL, but what am
I doing wrong?