Re: installation error on SuSE 10.1

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 11:53 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> LedgerSMB as of 1.1 will try to create plpgsql in your current data
> set when you create it.  No need to createlang any more :-)  This also
> avoids screwing up pg_dump (which takes its diff from template0).
This sounds like a great idea. I always wondered why the needs of one
app (SL) should change how the whole DBMS (postgres) worked. Ie, when I
create other postgres databases that have nothing to do with SL, why
should it be affected by demands SL has for its own databases. That's
'taking a bit of a liberty' with my DBMS setup in my opinion.

> You can do this, but I prefer run it outside the web directory (like
> /usr/local/ledger-smb) with the alias directive.
So do I, but I cant think why :-). Maybe I just like the flexibility.