Re: installation error on SuSE 10.1

Don't use that script IMHO.

Here is a recipe I use:

1) Make sure you have the plpgsql lang installed in your template1 db
(man createlang)
2) Make sure that your pg_hba.conf will ask for a password. See
PostgreSql doc.
3) create a db user with password (ledgersmb would be a nice name): as
postgres (su - postgres) createuser ledgersmb -P . You must test that
ledgersmb can login to template1 by doing psql -U ledgersmb -W it sould
as for a password and let you in. If not, recheck your pg_hba.conf and
restart postgresql for testing.
4) Untar the program in your web directory. Don't know where SuSe has it
but I think it's LSB so it should be in /var/www . To make sure, look at
your apache conf. Make sure you change the ownership of these file to
your web daemon's name (chown -R www-data.www-data yourledgesmbdir).
5) Configure your httpd.conf file or site file (apache2) and make sure
you have perl cgi handler and adequate permisions. Here is an example
config:

AddHandler cgi-script .pl
Alias /whatever /var/www/yourledgesmbdir
<Directory /var/www/yourledgesmbdir>
        Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
        DirectoryIndex login.pl
        Order allow,deny
        #Allow from 172.16.2.0/255.255.255.0 ::1/128
        Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/yourledgesmbdir/users>
        Options None
</Directory>

You should point your browser to

http://yourhost/whatever/admin.pl

and be able to login to create a new database, a user and off you go.