LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-devel] Re: Messy WIP for LedgerSMB importing into OpenBSD on git

On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 11:21:11PM +0200, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:29 PM Chris Bennett <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>

> > I finally put up copies of the work I started to import the Perl modules
> > needed to make LedgerSMB work with OpenBSD.
> >

> Thanks! Having it "out there" provides people with a basis to start
> building on and contributing back to what you were already working on. If
> that happens, it's great! If not, well, I guess you didn't loose much as
> you were working on it anyway.
>

> > Yes, this is a mess.
>

> Well, I guess that's only logical for anything that's heavily in progress.
> My personal opinion is that it's not a problem when things are a bit messy;
> maybe it's a good idea to describe in 4 or 5 bullets where you want to take
> things? That way, when someone comes along and wants to join in, people
> have a general sense of direction on what they could contribute to directly.

Yes, I just got a proper method of submitting these in one email for
each particular chain of dependencies.
I will make up a chart of each group that needs to be done together.
Since there is always one or more first ones at the bottom, I can ask
for those first and work upwards from there.
The cpanfile looks very simple, but then comes out a ton of dependencies
for each one.
I'll try to come up with something easy to follow.

I was also thinking that a page showing what had been submitted and
another showing what was committed to the tree would be helpful.
Submitted but still needing changes will also help show where more work
needs to be done to get the rest of a section finished out.

I should have started out more organized like this from the start.
Some of the PGObject ones have been a bit of a challenge to get them to
pass the database testing. I also made a stupid mistake that I need to