Re: editing of chart of accounts

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

I attempt to click on "obsolete" in the edit tab, under Chart of Accounts.
I hit save, and I get:
  Access Denied
  More information has been reported in the error logs at LedgerSMB.pm line 776.

Some database permission missing?

Definitely.

if so, why, and what do I need to fix?

Well, what's in your server logs? It should list something about your user not having INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,<whatever> rights on <some relation>.

Basic questions to verify without the logs: does your user have "account_edit" permissions? You can check this in the HR->Search(employee) menu under the "User" tab of the employee that has your login.

Can we have, for 1.5, some kind of "make sure the permissions are right" ?

Well, it's easy, really, if you don't want any level of authorization on your database -- a situation that LedgerSMB doesn't really (want to) support, you can simply grant your login superuser rights. That overrules every authorization check built into LedgerSMB. So, if you have your database hosted sufficiently secure, that's an option. Works for every LedgerSMB version starting 1.3. Was that your question? If not, I'm not really certain what your request is?

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.