Re: Of account translations, account hierarchies and gifi codes

Hello,

I have put a little work into this problem.  This idea is:

You want differing reports for various purposes:  a summary
for the owner, details for the auditor, and things between
for others.

You, the user, create a report.  You create associated "headings"
with whatever you want in them.  The headings tell whether the details
are displayed, the indent level, contra-ness, debit/credit, and
headers/trailers.  A process generates the report.

Current headings would be untouched.  This would not alter any
existing tables or processes other than hooks to choose which.

This could also be used instead of GIFI accounts for reports.
If GIFIs are needed in other contexts, that would not help.

If you would like to see some schema, let me know.

> that we don't have a way to tell which heading "is" the PNL total. As such,
> additional configuration will be required when it lands in a release.

Change in Retained Earnings account?  PNL Total?  Not sure what you mean
here.

Rob