Re: 1.2 to 1.3 Upgrade fun

On 17/03/2014 04:58, Chris Travers wrote:
Reading the problem this does not look like an extension problem.  In general we don't have an easy way to handle pre-9.1 contrib modules and post-9.1 extensions without throwing errors on both sides, so the errors look normal to me.  The error seems to come from the lack of a customer_id field where one is expected.

In the upgrade script the first mention I have of customer_id is with the import of ar records.  ar.customer_id is a very important column, but it doesn't seem to match what you are trying to do.

That error wasn't from the upgrade, it was from trying to create a new blank database with the ./tools/prepare-company-database.sh script.

I am not quite sure what the problem is exactly, but something seems very wrong based on the problem description.  I wish I had more info for you.  Could you include relevant portions of the PostgreSQL logs?

I'll have another stab at it this weekend and let you know how I get on. Was hoping avoid digging through any more Perl and SQL than I already have, but at least I should be able to throw come patches your way.

Lyle

http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech