Re: Questions

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:25 AM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

snip

Sorry, I got the sudo command wrong.  Confused sudo and su.

sudo -u postgres  pg_dumpall > /tmp/mypgbackup.sql
cp /tmp/mypgbackup /home/myuser/

the response to the sudo . . .        is:

pgdumpall: could not connect to database "template1": could not connect to server: No such file or directory
         Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

ok then.  As root try:

locate .s.PGSQL.5432

See if that shows anything.  If not, of if you get an error you may need to:

find / -name  .s.PGSQL.5432

That may take a while though.

As an alternative you could just do as follows instead:

pg_dumpall -h localhost -u postgres > /home/myuser/mydbdump.sql

You will need to provide the Postgres password in this case.

As the system still says that postgres is being halted when there is a system shut down - - - -

Please advise.

When I do a reboot or a halt it does say that postgres 9.3 is being halted in the shutdown sequence so I don't know what's the issue here.

Thanks for the help!!

Darald