Re: Questions

Hi Darald,

You mention that your main problem is an xorg / nvidia issue.
What flavor and version of linux are you running (sorry if I missed that earlier)

In many cases this type of issue is caused when a kernel update occurs.
A simple initial fix is to backup your xorg.conf file, then delete it.

After a reboot you should be up and running on a default xorg setup.
If this still doesn't work, and you have the proprietry nvidia drivers installed, uninstall them remove any xorg.conf and reboot.

Once you have X running again, using your normal package manager, or hardware driver installer if available, REMOVE the nvidia drivers.
Once you have applied the remove, you can reinstall them and things should be looking better.

If need be run nvidia-settings (or similar) and reconfigure your multiple monitors.
It may be possible to reuse your original xorg.conf, or not. Depending on what changes have occured during the upgrade.

If you have a debian based system (linux mint, ubuntu etc) contact me off list and I should be able to help more.

Regards
David Godfrey