Re: Questions

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:
Greetings

I wasn't sure wether to ask these questions here or in the users list - - - so if its the wrong place - - - sorry.

I've managed to really borc my main system so I am thinking that I would just do a reinstall. So I would redo the root partition and in the past I also did the var area as well.

Where are the files for LedgerSMB stored?

The files for LedgerSMB are usually in /usr/local/ledgersmb/ but can be installed anywhere else.

The data is in postgreSQL which is usually in /var/lib/pgsql or /var/lib/postgresql

How have you managed to mess up your system?  We can probably provide some general ideas on backing up and recovering your data.

 (var or ?)

As I had just finished setting up a chart of accounts (added about 75 (or more) other GIFI codes) I would really not want to have to do all this again.

Thanking everyone for their assistance and consideration!

Darald