[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Looking at putting together an add-on for Washington State's sales tax
- Subject: Looking at putting together an add-on for Washington State's sales tax
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 02:55:03 -0800
I know we still have some users in Washington State. I would like to modularize this so that other location-based tax systems could work as well. My thinking is to put together a class which handles locations (and delivery vs non-delivery handling) and then inherit from that something that would look up the tax code and rate for a jurisdiction.
This leads to a couple of important questions:
1. How do we want to address delivered vs nondelivered? A default in defaults? Just use the presence of a ship-to address (my preference)?
2. How do we want to handle display?
Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.