Re: sudo verses su in delete-company-database.sh

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Berend Tober <..hidden..> wrote:
Me personally I cannot use the delete-company-database.sh as supplied because my postgres user account is set up as not able to login.

What I have to do is use sudo prefixed in each of the four places su is used (see attached svn diff), since I have sudo su privileges configured for my personal, non-root user account.

Would this be considered an advisable approach more generally enough to warrant applying that patch to trunk?

Very likely.  Also if there are no objections here, sudo seems common on *nix enough I think we could probably apply it to branches/1.3 as well.