[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
LedgerSMB addons from "baby" to "teenager".
- Subject: LedgerSMB addons from "baby" to "teenager".
- From: Håvard Sørli <..hidden..>
- Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:13:36 +0200
Continue irc discussion:
"<ehu> basically our plug-in infrastructure is still in its baby ages"
Can we grow up? Can we do better ? Yes we can...
Can we make some "best practises" for a addon ?
- some way to keep track of witch addons is installed
name and version
- witch file(s) each plug in brings.
-type of minimum documentation for a addon
- how to enable them, (install, setup - general )
and for each addon (if something is special)
- how to use the features in each.
- What they do - Some sort of a "Plugin directory"
"<ehu> with some screen shots and short feature descriptions"
- The upgrade/setup.pl script need to take care of some kind of blocking
if the addons does not have the right version
(Like Firefox plug-ins, Upgrade of Firefox - blocks old plug-in - if not