Re: New Development Snapshot Available for LedgerSMB

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 17:44 +0200, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Ah. From your reaction, I understand mine was way disconnected. Sorry
> about that.
>

> Still interested to know which intra-EU reporting problems are being
> solved though. and especially how.

Well, we may be using LedgerSMB wrongly but the way we use this feature
is to have three income accounts: UK, EU and Export. Customers have a
default mapping to one of the three accounts so at the end of the VAT
quarter we instantly have the values that we need for the VAT return.
After we've filled out the return, we close the income accounts and
transfer the balances into a single summary account.

If there is a better/proper way to do this then please can some one tell
me how? I'm not an accountant by trade, just someone trying to run a
business.

Incidently, Chris, our agreement was that this patch would be rolled
into mainstream ledgersmb.

Nigel