Re: New Development Snapshot Available for LedgerSMB

Ah. From your reaction, I understand mine was way disconnected. Sorry about that.

Still interested to know which intra-EU reporting problems are being solved though. and especially how.

Bye,

Erik

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 03:40, Chris Travers wrote:
>> This snapshot brings us to the last feature (aside from installation
>> and upgrade tools) that is lilkely to be added before we get into
>> release candidates.  Feedback is always welcome.
>>
> Can you tell me if the Sales Account modifications that we paid you to
> do a couple of years ago have made it into 1.3? We can't really manage
> without them. (Just as a reminder, this was the functionality that
> allowed a customer to be associated with a particular Sales account (we
> use this for accounting for UK, European and Export sales separately)).

 I had to go and review the patch to see exactly what it was.

Currently in 1.3, you can attach contacts to AR/AP accounts (mandatory
due to payment reversal rules), cash accounts (as a default for
payments), overpayment and discount accounts (for payments).  There
isn't a default income/expense account mapping primarily because
nobody has made a case it to be generally useful.  However, what I
will probably do is place this in addons/ as an officially maintained
enhancement and see what happens at least through the 1.3 branch.

If there is a general use case here, I have no problem merging the
changes right now.  Also between 1.3 and 1.4, I'd like to see a much
larger discussion about the AR/AP transaction workflow.

Best Wishes.