Re: Tax account creation: how to 'detect' tax accounts?

So I am starting work on this while waiting for the file attachment
side to be discussed a bit more.

> I'm thinking it should be correlated with a regular tax account, so that
> you can flag customers/parts for whether it's relevant (and have a mix
> of taxable/non-taxable items on it).
>
> Then provide these fields
>
> 1. Reference (e.g. location id)
> 2. Description (text field, optional)
> 3. Percentage
> 4. Amount
>
> ... that would be one line per invoice that could be filled in.
>
> I'm thinking it would be nice to calculate amount from applying
> percentage to taxable items on the invoice, if amount is blank. I also
> think for maximum flexibility it should be possible to leave percentage
> blank and provide an amount instead.
>

> Then in the tax report for that account, provide a spreadsheet download
> with the collected details.

What I think I am going to do is provide a JS button for the
calculation.  Additional field will be taxable amount, and this will
be prepopulated with the taxable amount.  The rate will be
prepopulated with the tax rate set up.  One can then change either,
click "calculate" and let it calculate.