Re: Tax account creation: how to 'detect' tax accounts?

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

>    Luke> Why?
>
>    Luke> I mean, I know it would be kind of nonsensical to uncheck that box after
>    Luke> the fact, but if for some reason someone really wanted to, maybe they
>    Luke> should be able to.
>
>    Luke> So I'll ask the question: is there any conceivable reason why someone
>    Luke> might want to uncheck a tax account?
>
> Because the tax in question has been abolished or it applicability has
> changed, and new stuff shouldn't have it applied ever.  But, alas, there
> are things that need to be back dated or which a government tells you
> that you should have done it to.

The only legitimate reason I can see would be if someone checked it by
accident and wanted to uncheck it before things were really
configured.  It seems to me the simple answer is to disallow
unchecking when the account exists in the tax table, i.e. has already
been configured as a tax account.