Re: How can I help?

Hi Ian,

With regards to the timezone issues using IRC.....

I am in Western Australia (UTC+8) and find that most of the people you will want to chat with are around on IRC until between 10 and 12am my time, so for you I would expect there should be good crossover until 2 to 4 pm.

IRC is a great way to discuss problems as it is pseudo realtime.
Generally once an issue is delt with, if it is likely to effect other users I would recommend sending an email with a summary of the problem and solution to the mailing list. this way you get a hopefully faster resolution to your problem, and others (who may or may not be on IRC at the time) get a summary that helps them if they hit the same problem.

Regards
David Godfrey