Re: How can I help?

Ian

I can't tell you why someone hasn't answered this yet, or why your patches are being ignored (except maybe time to review, in that latter case).

However, have you tried the IRC channel #ledgersmb to talk to the devs
about any of this?

Regards,

Luke

Ian Goodacre wrote:

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with LedgerSMB from the trunk of SVN. I have
no prior experience with LedgerSMB, SQL Ledger or accounting, but I am
interested to find an accounting package I can use for my small contract
services business.

Not surprisingly, as it is development code, not yet released, I have
found a few bugs (at least, I think they are bugs).

So that I can carry on my investigation and learning, I have "fixed" the
bugs that I have found. Of course, the quality of my fixes is limited by
my lack of knowledge of LedgerSMB, accounting and programming in
general.

Not wanting to bother you all with what might very well be nonsense or
irrelevant to where you are heading with LedgerSMB, I have not posted
much to this mailing list, though I have been reading it for a while.

But I have been posting patches to the SourceForge tracker for LedgerSMB
and I am beginning to wonder if this is helpful. While a few of these
have been applied to SVN, most of them have not been and I see no
updates or comments to many of the tracker items.

So, I wonder if my submitting patches to the tracker is helpful and
whether there is something else or more (or less) I could do that would
be more helpful. I don't want to fill the tracker with unhelpful
submissions nor waste anyones time with them.

My apologies if my question seems rude - I don't intend it to be. I
appreciate the generosity of all concerned and recognize no one has any
obligation to me.

Regards,
Ian Goodacre