Re: Three Possible Bugs in 1.2.X

Luke wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, David Godfrey wrote:

would an interim solution as follows do for bug 3 ?

Add a function that is called when you click on the button to create a
purchase order from a sales order. This function would create a new
entry in a new table containing 2 columns SOnumber and POnumber.

The new record would have the SOnumber set and an empty POnumber.
The SOnumber would be passed as an extra form parameter to the new PO.
When the PO is posted, if the SO form param is set, update the newtable
with the PO number.

Would it be easier to add an ordref column to the oe table? Pass the sonumber to the generated PO, and add code causing it to be saved in to the PO's eo DB entry in the orderref field if it is set.

I could probably figure out how to do these, if I knew where in OE.pl they're being done.

On a vendor invoice, then, it would be necessary to put a "Generated from sales order: " note, which displays the result of: select ordref from oe where ordnumber = $NAME_OF_ORDERNUMBER_INVOICE_FIELD limit 1;

Crude but may be workable for you [.]

Yes, either the original or my varient would be workable.

The difficulty For me at least, is knowing how to write it. IS.pl is one thing, but EO.pl is a different and rather more dense beast. I may be able to write some of it, especially for my simplified version, but short of reading through the file nearly in full, I have no idea where these things would be done.

Luke

Ok, I have a couple of other things that I need to get done first, but I will try and get this implemented by the end of the weekend. Unless Chris has a preference, I would like to implement as I described, that way we are not modifying an existing table (adding a column) which means no possible complications in the future, as the custom table can just be duplicated on an updated DB. Also a separate table allows the possibility of multiple PO's to be associated with each SO.

David G