Re: [SOLVED] perl module Module-Install

On 09/22/09 08:57, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
On 2009-09-21, Joseph <..hidden..> wrote:

I've looked at the Module::Install Makefile.PL.  It depends upon Perl
5.005, not 5.10.  I've also just installed it's current version via
cpan to a Perl 5.8 install.  Perhaps you should look at your
installation method.  Debian and Ubuntu users will not encounter
difficulties installing their M::I package, libmodule-install-perl, as
it depends upon Perl 5.6, even in their development branches.

--
Seneca Cunningham
<..hidden..>

Thanks for checking. Indeed Module::Install using cpan works perfectly including all other modules.
perl Makefile.PL loaded OK on all modules.

The fist time I was using gentoo g-cpan; it makes an ebuild first and install cpan modules (this way it is easier to manage installed package),
it worked OK on "Locale::Maketext::Lexicon" only.
I've filed a bug with Gentoo but it seems to me g-cpan as a lot of bug entries posted, so it seems to me it is not a good idea to use gentoo tool g-cpan.

--
Joseph